Welcome to Long Row Primary School
Thank you to everyone who joined our welcome meeting.
Unfortunately, if you were unable to join us then please watch the video that is below. This was recorded last year but will give you the main bits of information you require.
Also, you will find a copy of our information booklet attached below. You will also find a menu for school dinners and information about our uniform.
Children will finish school at 3:10pm each day and will need collecting from our Nursery/Reception playground area.
Please contact us on 01773 823319 or by email: email@example.com
This is our information video from last year - please feel free to watch it but some bits might have changed for this year.
We have thought of a few things you can do at home to help you become independent and ready for school:
- We imagine you have got your uniform, shoes and coat ready for starting school, so have a try at getting yourself dressed all by yourself and learn how to put your shoes and coat on independently. Don't panic if you can't do everything by yourself as we will just be delighted to see you have a try by yourself before asking for help - we will help you with the tricky bits! 😇
- At school you will have a peg, in the cloakroom area, with your name on it, so try and learn to recognise your name (when written). You will then be able to find things that belong to you easily. You don't need to be able to write your name as we will teach you this at school! 😊
- Try going to the toilet by yourself so you can clean yourself afterwards and wash your hands - we imagine that you will all be very good at hand washing! You will be asked to wash your hands quite a lot at school!! 💧💧💧🙈
- Play lots of games with your family - this will help you to become really good at sharing and turn taking. We have got lots of games to play at school! ⭐
- At school, you will be asked to use a knife and fork to eat your lunch. 🍽️ It would be really helpful if you could use these all by yourself, so have a go during your family mealtimes. The teachers will stay with you at lunch during the first few days so don't worry as we will help you.
Don't worry if you can't manage everything by yourself but remember that practice makes perfect and the teachers will always help you when you are struggling!! 🤗