Welcome to the Perfect Penguin class with Miss King
This term our P.E lessons will take place on Tuesday and Friday. Please can you ensure your child has their P.E kit in school on these days. Please could we also ask for long hair to be tied back and any earrings to be removed.
Any Homework which is set, will be sent out with your child on a Friday. We ask that this is completed by the following Wednesday.
As part of the Street Detectives topic the Perfect Penguins went for a walk around Belper, to look at a variety of local buildings, places and streets. After, the children all drew their favourite place from the walk. Some of these pictures were used to highlight on a map the route which was taken and the places they passed.
On Friday morning, Mrs Kerry, a local resident, visited the class to answer any questions from the children about Belper town in the past. During the afternoon the class designed their own paper chain people to show the different job roles within their community.
During the last week at school the Perfect Penguins took part in creating their own Christmas crafts during arts week.
Last week the Perfect Penguins won golden time as a reward for earning the most class cubes in KS1. As a result, we spent this Friday afternoon, eating cookies, watching Kipper the Dog and painting our own Belper rocks. Well done to the Perfect Penguins for all their hard work.
Friday 17th November 2017
To help raise money for Children in Need the Perfect Penguins participated in crazy hair day. Thank you for your kind donations.
Beat Bang Boogie Bottle Shakers
For the last two weeks we have been looking at instructions in our English lessons. To start the sequence of lessons we created and decorated our own Bottle shakers to help support our writing.
On Friday the children all participated in an African style music workshop, which started this half term with a bang! The class were able to join in by dancing and trying to play different musical instruments. This experience will help support this half terms topic- ‘’Beat, Bang, Boogie’’.
We would also like to thank you for all the contributions that were made towards helping this experience possible.
Here are a few photos of the children enjoying the outdoors. These were taken from last half terms topic ‘’ The Enchanted Woodlands’’. During the experience day we explored the school grounds, discovering the different types of trees and finding the magical creatures hidden in the woods. During the afternoon the class participated in creating mud faces and tree rubbings.
Here are a few useful links to help support your child at home:
· http://www.ruthmiskin.com/en/parents/ - This supports the phonics scheme taught within school.
· There are also a range of videos to help teach your children different sounds available on Youtube, just search ‘’Mr Thorne Network’’. Here is the direct link to his web page- https://www.mrthornenetwork.com/phonics
· There are a fantastic range of songs to help support your child learn their times-tables.
· If your child enjoys learning through interactive games http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks1/ provide support in different areas across the curriculum. These are free and safe to use and can also be used on Ipads or other electronic tablets.
· https://www.bbc.com/education/levels/z3g4d2p -This is an updated link to the BBC Bitesize ks1 website, which will allow you to practice different areas of the curriculum through games.
- Here are more safe and trusted Interactive games which will help support your child in both Maths and English. I often use some of these games to support the start or end of lessons in school.
Do you have any ideas for this page?
Why not let your Teacher know!
Have you seen the Kids’ Zone?
Play games and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites.